Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Evil Editor's Vacation Disaster 6

As soon as Evil Editor settled himself into his chair, a young waiter bustled up to his table. “Hi,” the waiter said, beaming. “Welcome to Montello’s, Southern California’s finest seafood restaurant. I’m Aidan and I’ll be your server tonight.

"Our dishes are prepared by our executive chef Marco, who once worked in a diner on Route 66, and who has also worked as a waiter and a personal assistant. Our special tonight will remind you of dishes prepared in the style of such places as Spago, Patina, and L'Orangerie. I've served it to my closest friends, and my family, and they all loved it. In fact, I believe it may be as popular as the Pasta Da Vinci at Cheesecake Factory. Marco is currently developing new recipes, which should be on the menu in about a year. Would you like a few minutes to decide?"

The Editor stood up from the table, a pained expression on his face. “Sorry, Aidan. It all sounds delicious, but I'm afraid Montello’s isn't quite right for me.”


--Anonymous

9 comments:

Cathy Writes Romance said...

Very cute spoof of a query letter.

How can I continue this one?

Lemme see...

"Oh, Montello's is right for you Mr. Editor." The burly waiter twisted Evil Editor's arm, forcing him back down into the rickety chair.

Evil Editor's dream date, Scarlet Johanson, drew back in her chair as Aidan cuffed Evil to the table leg.

To be continued...

Catja (green_knight) said...

Wow. It sounds perfectly vile...

Anonymous said...

I'll bet this is the funniest one of all. If only I was smart enough to 'get it'!

...dave conifer

Kate Thornton said...

What a hoot! I love it - you can't escape the same old - same old even at dinner! Love the "best seller" comparisons!!

Anonymous said...

At least I know what I don't know.

Brilliant!

...dave conifer

Dave said...

Hmmm... If Aidan had a lisp, would the menu include a DaVinci like secret?

Maybe the lisp of Aidan Messenger?

kis said...

Scarlet Johanson? I thought EE had the drippy night sweats for Angelina Jolie.

McKoala said...

Took me a moment to click, but clever! You, not me, obviously.

megan said...

Ha ha. Too funny. I loved it!