Friday, July 27, 2007

Writing Exercise

You may be familiar with the term "sniglet," which refers to a word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should. This page from wikipedia gives examples, and you'll find additional examples by clicking on the external links at the bottom of the wikipedia page. I made one up and used it in a recent face-lift: Querritory: The amount of space in a query letter devoted to one subject.

We need to compile a dictionary of sniglets that deal with the writing business. Send as many as you like (as comments). Include a name if you want credit. Deadline: 5 PM Eastern, Saturday.

6 comments:

Dave said...

I tested an I-Phone on your website, EE. What a great little gadget. It really is a slick as looks on the commercial. Websites are eminently as readable on an I-Phone as on my computer. Scrolling is just a a finger slide up or down, and enlarging the print is a two-finger deal. However, you have to have "dainty" thumbs to work the keyboard.

It was TECHNO-LUST at first sight, touch, kiss, embrace (well, not really, it is a public store and there are public around). As Jimmy Carter once said - I have lust in my heart. It's the right weight and the right shape and that touch screen is simply astounding. (he said, fevered, sweaty and ...

BuffySquirrel said...

EE's running adverts now?

takoda said...

Robin S. got an "I Pone" last week. (sorry!)

Happy for ya' Dave!! I will enjoy vicariously....at least until my first HUGE contract.

Evil Editor said...

Great. I spent $200 on a 21-inch monitor, and now you tell me your 3-inch screen is just as easy to read? And it costs only $600? I could kick myself.

writtenwyrdd said...

Oooh, I'd take the 21" monitor. I have a 17" monitor on my laptop, and I can read two manuscript pages at once...but the print is nearly microscopic.

iPhone though, not for me. Can't even get cell reception at work or anywhere on the road, where I might actually need it. (The joys of rural living.)

Dave said...

I only handled the pretty, lovely, sweet, adorable, THING! It was my reward, the touching.
I bought a washer and dryer - $2400. I can fondle clean clothes. Uh Sorry, fold clean clothes.