EE: That [response to Q & A 145] was such a cratic answer. I mean, it was so cratic. I'm not sure I've ever seen you be so cratic before. But even in my giddy, semiconscious state with the Jack Daniels polished off, I have to say you've been funnier. Sorry, I just tell it like I see it. Then I get blacklisted. Story of my life.
1. The last time I put my entire response to a question in a comedic example without then spelling out what I was getting at I was accused of being mean. Evil I can handle, but not mean. Fortunately the accusation was unjust, so rather than quit blogging I merely blacklisted the questioner.
2. If you're claiming I was never less-than-hilarious before, I must point out that in June of 2006 I provided an answer similar to this one, that is, an answer whose humor is subtle enough that someone who just polished off the Jack Daniels might miss it.
3. What about the part where I claim responsibility for the success of King, Grisham and Roberts, when in fact King and Roberts probably would have done reasonably well without EE's influence? Also, I referred to their early submissions as puke. Now that's funny. Accurate, but funny.
4. What about the part where I say "they've since seen a few dozen manuscripts identical to your unique one." Not funny to you, but to the many wordsmiths among the minions, hilarious. They're all thinking, Wait, how can anything be identical to something that's uniq--oh, it's a joke! I get it! EE you've done it again. I wonder if anyone else will get that one.
5. What about the part where I declare that the author has changed the title and is using a pen name, even though I have no reason to believe that's true! Some minions chuckle when EE makes his preposterous bold-but-unfounded declarations.
6. What about item #7, wherein I take a subtle dig at the publishing industry by implying that the moment one publisher has a hit, fifty other publishers come out with mediocre copycat books? And I do this despite the fact that I'm part of the publishing industry! Or I was, until I was blacklisted for taking subtle digs at my employer in my blog.
7. Speaking of which, you're blacklisted, wise guy, at least till you sober up.