Sunday, November 16, 2008

Uncooperative Agent 2

Day Job

I saw my agent enter the elevator. I had to talk to her about biting the bullet and talking to Evil Editor about my crappy book. I put my foot into the opening to keep the door open.

"Would you come out here so we can speak?" I said.

"I'd rather speak in here."

"I can't speak in there; that was last week."

"Huh? If you want to speak to me, you'll have to come in there."

"No can do. This story would be a week late, then. You're fired."

"The hell I am. You're fired. Keep your day job."

--WouldBe

8 comments:

Dave F. said...

I hate substantial conversations in elevators, but then, I'm claustrophobic and any small tight place like an elevator drives me crazy. Good take on the theme.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Haha

I love the week late idea. Way to go!

Did you and Robin decide to play up the rules together or is it just that great minds thing?

WouldBe said...

I probably could have made it clearer I was referring to last week's in-an-elevator exercise.

Anonymous said...

This made me chuckle and I thought it was very clever! Ha HA!

Meri

WouldBe said...

Did you and Robin decide to play up the rules together or is it just that great minds thing?

No, I'm from Mars. Robin is from Rigel B-3.

fairyhedgehog said...

I was confused. Then I read your explanation. Then I laughed.

ril said...

Wonderfully self-referential and absurd. Very clever!

sylvia said...

I understood it immediately and laughed aloud. Great in-joke!