I've noticed a lot of new names among the minions of late, and many are having a bit of trouble navigating the Evil Editor world. So . . .
You are, of course, welcome to just come here and enjoy each day's posts. However, you may also participate in the blog in many ways:
1. Submit your query letter, your opening, or your synopsis. You'll get feedback from the brilliant Evil Minions.
2. Comment on other people's stuff, thus earning a reputation as one of the brilliant Evil Minions.
3. Write a continuation of someone's opening. There's a link to the openings in the sidebar. The better continuations take the story in an unexpected direction while maintaining the original style. Funny is good. Send continuations as comments to the continuation's post.
4. Submit fake plots to be used in the Guess the Plot game at the start of each query critique. Funny ones are more likely to be used. Keep them brief. No need to tell us the genre. It's not your job to trick everyone into believing your plot might be real; it's EE's job to trick everyone into believing the actual plot isn't real.
5. Submit a caption for one of the cartoon drawings (Link in sidebar).
6. Attend the monthly book chat. Each month we read a book from a different genre. This month's book is Salman Rushdie's The Enchantress of Florence. It's an adult fairy tale. Litfic fans will enjoy the language, the rest may be interested to know there's plenty of sex and violence. Also a vampire. The chat date will be set later, but it's always near the end of the month.
7. Each week we do a writing exercise, the results of which are posted on Sunday. Though this is a humor blog, there are no limitations (except length); we happily post whatever you submit
8. If you have a question about something writing-related, send it in. It might get answered.