Friday, August 21, 2009

Writing Exercise, Part 2


We now have ten openings to stories about ace homicide detective Zack Martinez. Now we need each of the stories to be completed, presumably with Zack solving the case, but you aren't required to solve it if you have a better idea. Just don't kill off the star.

You can find the openings by clicking "Continue an opening" in the sidebar. You may conclude as many as you wish. Only one conclusion will be posted on the front page with each opening; others will be posted as comments. Sometime Saturday I'll post a list of openings for which I've received no continuations (or no funny continuations).

Deadline Sunday at 10 AM eastern. 200 words max.

If you started an opening and are almost finished, send it in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait! Wait! Was it Zack Hernandez we were writing about or Zack Martinez?

Because I think I screwed up . . .

Evil Editor said...

Fixed.

Steve Wright said...

? I'm sure I submitted one of these ... but it ain't there. Did it fail to meet the required standard or something?

Evil Editor said...

Found it. Posted it. Sorry.