Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Your New Year's Resolutions

1. Write the first 150 to 200 words of a new novel, and send them to EE, whose minions will let you know if you should write the rest, and if so, how you should continue.

2. Throw together a query letter for that trunk novel or that unfinished novel or that unstarted novel and send it to EE, whose minions will entertain you by writing fake plots for your title.

3. No more phoning, texting, tweeting, blogging or surfing while driving, eating out, watching a movie, or having sex, especially if accompanied by EE.

4 comments:

Wilkins MacQueen said...

Okay already. I rose to the occasion, hanging my self out yet again for a couple of u-knows and a thingy I've been working on. So let it happen. I'm ready.

What better way to leap into 2012?

Happy New Year Minions. May your words be published.

Jo-Ann said...

Ok, EE, I'm sharpening my pencils as we speak - which is a pretty useless pastime given that I normally write electronically - and getting a few pieces ready for the minion's razer sharp responses.

BuffySquirrel said...

Oh lordy, vanity press spam we get now.

I did get my trunk novel out of its trunk but it needs a cover letter for submission to UK agents, not a query letter. Not sure how useful a query-letter honed appraisal is going to be, therefore. Thoughts?

BuffySquirrel said...

No thoughts. Thoughtless!